Saturday 30 December 2017

The Best (and Worst) of 2017!


Its the last week of December. Thus, its time for my yearly top best moments of 2017! For this year, it has been mixed. For all the good moments, comes the bad ones. Let's start with the good memories first!

J-Expo Thailand 2017!

1) Japan Expo Thailand 2017!

Enough said, this is THE BIGGEST J-Culture event in Asia. This time, attended my first offkai with Akishibu Project. Also widen my networking by meeting up with the content owners of Siamdol and IDOL +1D. Amazing how one event brings wotas around the region together.

2) Meeting Yurumerumo in Person!
Yurumerumo is one of the best experiences

Yururmerumo
is a must see group and when they announced an overseas live in Thailand, I was ecstatic! You have to be there to witness the sheer power and awesomeness that is Yurumerumo! It is a good live event, and its one of the best offkais I've experienced. Where else can you have ano-chan acting childish on your table while speaking to you in English? Hehe.

3) @JAM 2017, My Final Meeting with Takiguchi Hikari
Thank you and goodbye Takky

2017 is special because I gave Tokyo Idol Festival a miss. Lets try something new and why not @JAM? This event was the last time I meet Takky in person. The day before she announced her graduation in November and queuing up for a Takky cheki is the number 1 priority. Enduring the queue, meeting Takky and speaking some nonsense is well worth it. I screwed up the cheki purchase for day 1 and ended up unable to go for MisaMisa, another member who is the graduating the same time as her.

Read more > http://projectnakitty.blogspot.sg/2017/09/attending-jam-expo-2017.html


4) EOY 2017: I MEET LILIA AT LAST!
Lilia and Wata on stage at EOY

Odorite Lilia has been doing covers for a very long time. During my "odottemita" days, its been my desire to meet Lilia but I just dont have the opportunity to do so. I was ecstatic when EOY announced Lilia as one of the guests. The feeling of meeting one that you waited for a very long time is truly magical. I was new to Lilia so our interactions were limited as opposed to the other guest Wata, where we chatted very long and disturbed sensei "Reina" in the process lol. Also met up with Japanese friend Yutanpo since he is a Lilia fan too and visited Singapore for this too!

LILIA!!

5) Jack Studio. Meet all colours of Nijicon
Nooooo! Rainbow Group in Jack Studio!

If you are an idol fan, this venue shouldn't be alien to you. It seems those who do ensei will know or went to place. Smack in Ximending Taiwan, Jack Studio is home for a number of idol performances such as TALEs and IDOLIDGE. Surprisingly, this venue was the place that I see all groups of Nijicon performed! The main Nijicon red team, Nijicon blue team and even Nijicon Yellow aka Beboga. What comes packaged with Nijicon? Its TRIANGLE DREAMER! So again, its the most heard song of 2017.

The are other moments worthy of mention such as STGCC, Moso Calibration @ AFA 2017 and also meeting Wasuta. In all, 2017 is the year I travelled alot just for ensei especially to a certain Akishibu Project.

THE WORST

I have said that last year was all good, with nice memorable moments. However, THIS YEAR IS BAD! The idols that I've followed have either disbanded or graduated. The most notable ones were Rev.from DVL and Haruka Kudo. Even I'm not a through and through AKB48, Watanabe Mayu graduated too! Also on the list is Mogami Moga sudden decision to break off from Dempagumi.inc. These graduations comes fast and furious that in time I become somewhat nonchalant. Example, Murakami Rana (GEM) was suspended due to contractual violations, I am like "Ok, nothing surprises me anymore. Meh". In fact I made a BINGO sheet when Rev.from DVL announced disbandment, and was surprised more names there followed suit.


Apart from graduation, we have surprise announcements such as the one by Sugaya Risako. She announced she is getting married, at the same time she is 5 months pregnant! Among the Berryz Kobou members, we expected her to be married first, just not this sudden. I am also hoping that "a certain idoru" doesn't end up the same since Risako is her role model. Gulp! Please don't!

My notable graduations n no particular order:
1) lyrical school's Mei
2) Rev.from DVL
3) Haruka Kudo
4) Ami Maeshima (SUPERGIRLS)
5) Kohime lit Pucchi (Afilia Saga)
6) Mogami Moga (Dempagumi.inc)
7) Tsugunaga Momoko
8) Watanabe Mayu
9) Stereo Tokyo
10) Ami Himesaki (LinQ)
11) Arakawa Yuuna (Akishibu)
12) Murakami Rana (GEM)

As mentioned in my 2015 blogpost, cheki book still have a few more slots to go. First person aiming to be inside: Fujikawa Chiai. And their next closest event I can attend? Japan Expo Thailand 2018!

I would also like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment