Saturday 23 December 2017

Anime Festival Asia SG 2017 - One Day Only :(

Yeap you read the title right. One Day Only. For this edition of AFA, I attend only for Day 3. What do you have on Day 3? Well the appearance of Moso Calibration on the Akiba Mini Stage. Looks like the days of attending AFA are numbered for me. Sighhh...



AFA SG is in its 10th year. Officially, its 10 year anniversary is next year, but in terms of attendance, this is my tenth time. How time pass. I remember it well attending in 2008 and it was such a big deal. For 2017, they do have a solid lineup for their anisong concert. FripSide, ClariS, nano, Luce Twinkle Wink and many more. Also included was the Singapore debut of Nogizaka46. However these names doesn't entice me to attend the concert. My last one was way back in 2010! Anyways for this year, I was hoping for a good Akiba Stage Schedule. Sadly, once schedule released, only Sunday seems the most exciting of the lot. And cursing myself for not opting to go Taiwan and for TALEs Festival.

I first witnessed Moso Calibration live during TIF. Introduced to them by the Malaysian wotas and experience first hand the moshing of Chin Chin Pui Pui. Thus was surprised that they were invited for this. Regardless, idols are idols.







Setlist as followed:
1. 激ヤバ∞ボッカーン!!
2. YOUをちぇっくします!
3. Sakurairo Diary
4. irony
5. 悲しみキャリブレーション
6. アンバランスアンブレラ

There's a song where you have to recite a certain MIX. It goes something like this (correct me if I'm wrong):

Destination
Slow motion
Combination
Graduation
Invitation
Temptation
Revolution
Kanashimi Calibration!

And member Mahiru birthday is tomorrow, so my friend made a board wishing her Happy Birthday. It was featured and mentioned on Mahiru's blog and twitter too!


They have a meet and greet session on day 2. Buy their goods and receive a ticket for a 2-shot cheki. Similar to 2016 with Tokyo Performance Doll, they held a mini session at NHK booth where you can win prizes like signed cap and T-Shirt. However, I didnt attend Day 2 so no cheki for me.

Win the mini janken at their booth to win signed cap

Apart from watching Moso Calibration, next affair is watching some folks doing wotagei at the nearby Lumica booth. They have a King of Thundersnake event. 1st prize is a box of 300 lightsticks! WTF! Ruru, that dude who did wotagei with a dinosaur in one of my videos, won the contest.


Happy Ruru

After that, its watching Natsuiro Party and Tokimeki Jump performing their covers. Its good its held at the end of the day. Nobody will judge us jumping around like the pinchikes we are.

Momo and Michi from Natsuiro Party

On personal note, I just don't feel the content this year are that appealing to me. Truth be told, if its not for the stage performance, I just go in, walk one round and thats it. The booths caters to the youngsters more though. And I am really out of touch with their latest animes. To be fair, this is ANIME Festival Asia, so the core content is anime and things related to it. But there is no big draw factor unlike how Japan Expo Thailand announced line-up. I guess I will just withstand till their 10 year anniversary before calling it quits.

And that's it, 10 years of AFA and just attend one stage. I hope their 2018 edition doesnt disappoint as much as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment